Hello, and welcome to 2020!
The new decade presents us with both challenges and opportunities for us to think about our field. With numerous presidential elections, Brexit, and a power shift in Russia all looming on the horizon this year, the work of CIES feels more relevant than ever.
Tavis D. Jules
Editor, CIES Perspectives
is published three times a year in February, June, and October. Our newsletter depends on members’ contributions to make it as interesting and informative as possible! Please send the following types of content to Amanda Earl, Editorial Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Recent member book publications: Please send a cover photo and 50 word or less blurb about your book, which must have been published in the past year (and not included in any of our previous newsletters).
- Recent member dissertations: Please send your full name, dissertation title, and university where you completed your doctorate in 2017 (and not included in any of our previous newsletters). Photos are welcome too!
- Member blogs: Do you have a blog where you address issues of concern to CIES members? Would you like to promote it in our website? Please send hyperlink and 1-2 sentence blurb about your blog.
- Photos with captions: Please send us any photos of CIES members engaging in comparative and international education teaching, research, etc. Include a caption with complete names of individuals in the photo. Please send us the email address of individuals in the photo so that we can ensure we have their permission to publish it in our newsletter.
- Graphics and Charts: Are there any interesting graphics, charts or other visuals you have come across recently that you think would be of interest to the wider CIES community? Please send them to us with complete citations so that we can obtain copyright permission to include in our newsletter.
- CER Commentary: Have you read an article in one of the recent issues of Comparative Education Review and wanted to respond to it, but didn't know how? Here is your opportunity. Opinion pieces about CER articles, written in a constructive spirit of collegiality will be considered for publication in our newsletter. Authors of the articles that we receive commentaries on will have an opportunity to respond.
- News and Views: Do you have any general news and views from the field of comparative and international education that you would like to share with CIES members? Send in your 500-750 word contributions + photos.
- Letters to the Editor: General letters to the editor in response to content in the previous issue of CIES Perspectives are also welcome.
Last date for submissions:
- Winter issue (published in February): First Friday in January
- Spring issue (published in June): First Friday in May
- Fall issue (published in October): First Friday in September